Weight Loss - Lose up to 0.5kg a week with simple food substitutions
Losing weight can often be daunting and some weight loss techniques involve significant lifestyle changes. There are so many simply changes you can make to your diet to dramatically reduce your calorie intake, and increase subsequent weight loss. This article focuses on easy lifestyle changes designed to help you lose at least 0.5kg a week.
To lose weight all you need to do is make sure you burn more calories than you consume. To lose 0.5kg a week you simply need to make sure that each day you burn 500 calories more than you consume. So if your weight is stable and you want to lose 0.5kg a week you need reduce your calorie intake or increase calorie expenditure to the tune of 500 calories a day. This may seem like a lot however there are so many easy things we can do to achieve this.
Did you know that a 600ml bottle of coke has 285 Calories in it? Or that a slice of chocolate mud cake has 390 Calories? That means if the only changes you made to your daily diet was to cut out your bottle of coke and cake you would lose over 0.5kg a week. At the bottom of the article is a list of commonly eaten foods and drinks and some better alternatives to help lose weight. All you need to do is look at the foods you eat each day and then find a healthier substitute. Simply make sure your changes are more than 500 calories and this will ensure weight loss of more than 0.5kg a week.
Here are some possible changes to lose more than 0.5kg a week.
Weight loss change 1:
- Glass of water instead of juice in the morning: 123 Cal savings
- Replace butter with extra light margarine: 49 Cal savings
- Fat free yoghurt instead of full cream: 82 Cal savings
- 20 minute jog: 210 Cal savings
- No sugar in coffee & low fat milk: 50 Cal savings
Total: 514 Cal savings
Weight loss change 2:
- One glass of wine instead of two over dinner: 135 Cal savings
- Portion size reduction for dinner: 160 Cal savings
- No biscuit with coffee: 190 Cal savings
- Light margarine instead of normal margarine: 37 Cal savings
Total: 522 Cal savings
Weight loss change 3:
- Water instead of soft drink: 170 Cal savings
- 1 hour walk: 240 Cal savings
- Low fat muffin instead of cake slice: 120 Cal savings
Total: 530 Cal savings
Weight loss change 4:
- Vegetable snack instead of packaged chips: 250 Cal savings
- Muesli bar instead of chocolate bar: 160 Cal savings
- Lean ham instead of salami on sandwich: 150 Cal savings
Total: 560 Cal savings
You can make any number of different changes. The idea of this article is to provoke thought about making healthy substitutes to your diet and lifestyle to assist weight loss. It is important to understand what is in all the foods you eat
Australian Lifestyle & Fitness, provides a complete range of weight loss articles focussing on weight loss tips, nutrition, exercise and recipes. Our Weight Loss Program helps take the guess work out of weight loss.