Tips for taking your employer to court

Tips for taking your employer to court

Dissatisfaction at work is a common. Many employees are routinely harassed, discriminated, abused or bullied at work. With the work environment difficult and jobs scare, many employees simply put up with it. However, all employees should know one thing- they do have rights and they should exercise them. While many claim that it is not worth suing your boss because it is difficult to prove any allegations, a few common sense measures will lead you to success. 

If you have been harassed, you should always mention it to your boss or supervisor. You should let the employer know that you find that behaviour unacceptable. And you must note the time, date and the response of the employer. This is a must. The more proof you have, the better it will be for you. When you go to court the first thing you will be asked is to produce documentation. And many people go to court with nothing and go home with nothing. You should send a typed up letter to your boss and keep a copy. Again the date and time should be mentioned. Perhaps if all goes well, it may stop here. You should note down every subsequent event that occurs again, write down what happened, when and what time. If there were people nearby, get them to sign the paper.

Today, there are many small pocket cameras which can not only record but can take pictures. There is no better way to document, then taking a picture of. Always get the names of witnesses. Save everything that you have.

The hardest part of the whole thing is to tell your boss that he or she is not nice to you. It may worsen the situation. The judge will definitely ask you if you discussed the matter with your boss. And if you say no, you have no case. You have to discuss the events with your boss and that includes your union, human resource and whatever committees that exist. Your boss may fire you, but that will only make your case stronger. So do not worry about that. The next step is to take your case to the labour department or the Equal Employment Opportunity commission. In most cases mediation may resolve your case, but if it does not, the next step is to see a lawyer. And do not forget your documents.--This article was written on behalf of Claims for you who deal with accident compensation claim and no win no fee

injury claims