Getting Pregnant After 40 - Top Prenatal Vitamins
Increasing chances of getting pregnant can be important, especially for women over 40. Taking the top prenatal vitamins is one of the best tricks to getting pregnant fast. Below youll find a recommended prenatal vitamin for every situation, plus some additional help on your quest in trying to conceive a baby.
The good news is that pregnancy after 40 isnt as difficult as it used to be. A getting pregnant calendar should be your first step: make sure you carefully mark the days of your cycle in order to maximize your chances. Knowing your ovulation date is the single most important factor when it comes to conceiving a child, so make sure you and your partner are aware of when these days are.
The best pregnancy food to eat includes anything that will help you stay energized. Balance proteins such as meats, fish, eggs and poultry against healthy carbohydrates like fruit, nuts, and whole grains or cereals. Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated, and try to increase your physical activity so that youre getting at least 30 minutes of exercise each day. Getting pregnant after 40 requires your body to be in the best possible shape, both for you and your future baby.
The best pregnancy vitamins include supplements that your body may no longer be getting enough of. As a woman advances in age her metabolism decreases, and the breaking down of food and nutrients isnt as efficient as it used to be. Trying to conceive a baby while your body is deficient of essential minerals can be an uphill battle, which is why the following recommended prenatal vitamin regimen should be considered:
* Folic Acid - This supplement is a must have. Its the number one pre-pregnancy vitamin prescribed to women of any age, and its an important part of early fetal development. You should make sure Folic Acid is at the top of your list.
* Iron - Getting enough iron can be a problem as you get older. For women who are anemic, iron is especially important. Make sure youre getting your daily recommended allowance.
* Calcium - As you probably already know, calcium breakdown can be a common female problem as age increases. Ovulation and getting pregnant requires that you get more than enough of this vital element.
* DHA - Many top prenatal vitamins include docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). This is an omega-3 fatty acid normally found in fish that is important for brain and heart development and health. Because women trying to become pregnant often limit their intake of fish due to concerns about mercury, they sometimes miss out on getting enough DHA in their diet. Make up for it here.
* Alpha Lipoic Acid - Essential to producing energy at a cellular level, C0Q10 and alpha lipoic acid are fairly expensive and not commonly found in most prenatal supplements... but these nutrients can have incredibly powerful effects on your bodys function. If you can work these into your budget, theyre certainly worth it.
* Zinc - Want to really boost fertility? Zinc has been shown to do just that, in numerous studies. It can be taken while trying to get pregnant in order to stimulate fertility and you should continue to take it while pregnant to help in the development in your babys tissues.
* Vitamin B6 - Not only do the B-complex vitamins help give you an energy boost, but this particular supplement has been proven to decrease symptoms of morning sickness. By increasing chances of getting pregnant with this mineral, youre also helping out with how youll feel once youve already conceived.
No matter how old you are, its never a bad idea to be on the best pregnancy vitamin plan possible. Its also important to realize that there are foods that you should avoid while trying to get pregnant, and over the counter medications and herbal remedies that could be counterproductive to having a baby. On the flip side of the coin, there are many that can actually help in Getting pregnant after 40.
For more information, check out these tricks to getting pregnant. And for the best baby and pregnancy advice, be sure to visit Baby Pregnancy Guide!