What Causes Swollen Ankles? - A Few Common Causes of Swelling Feet Or Ankle
The abnormal build up of fluid between the body cells in the areas of ankle, feet and legs is medically called peripheral edema. Alternatively they are called by different names. What causes swollen ankles? Well, there are few things which are responsible for causing swollen ankle or feet. It can be your diet habit, a disease in some body parts, drug effect or some sort of accident in rare cases.
Painless swelling is a very common phenomenon in older people and especially pregnant women. The swollen may be in both the legs, may include calves, thighs or knees too. Due to gravity effect the swelling is very much noticeable in the locations. What causes swollen ankles, if a person is not pregnant? Let us have a look at what are the causes of swollen ankles. Here are few of them.
* Swollen ankles is common if there is prolonged standing in a Que or other places. Sometimes long automobile rides or long duration flights too can cause swollen ankles.
* In women, menstruation, pregnancy can be a cause of swollen ankle, feet or legs. In pregnancy if there is excessive swelling then it may be a sign of pre-eclampsia which needs immediate doctors attention because it is due to high blood pressure and swelling.
* If you are overweight there is a possibility that you may suffer from ankle swelling. Age, injury or trauma and other sort of hurt can be the causes of swollen ankles.
Click Here To Learn How You Can Lose Up To 19 lbs In Just 28 Days
* If you ask a doctor what causes swollen ankles, he may answer you hundreds of reasons for them. Sometimes heart failures, liver damages, kidney problems and other conditions in your body metabolism too are responsible for swollen ankles.
* If you use laxatives then it can be a cause of your swollen ankles. Laxatives have been found among the many causes of swollen ankles. Like Laxatives, diuretics too can cause swollen ankles. Sometimes some drugs too are responsible for swollen feet or ankle.
What causes swollen ankles has the following answers too. The other conditions of swollen ankles or feet may be blood clot, infection in your legs, allergic reactions to some medicines or infections by pathogens, venous insufficiency what is your veins cannot pump blood properly, insect bite which you are not aware of , varicose veins, starvation or malnutrition, surgery of some kid and others. Medications like BP medicines, steroids, estrogens, antidepressants and others too are responsible for swollen ankles.
Now that you know more details regarding the question of what causes swollen ankles, you should take some action in order to solve the problem. Changing your lifestyle by implementing a healthy and balanced diet is the most important step you should take into consideration. In combination with performing several workouts per week you are taking effective measures to solve your problem of swollen ankles.