When Do Most Miscarriages Occur? 5 Top Risk Time Periods
Q&A: When do most miscarriages occur? It is during the first eight weeks of pregnancy. An early miscarriage may be because of the age and health of mother or baby. The traditional advice from medical professionals to lower the miscarriage risk is: do not smoke, dot not drink alcoholic beverages, and do not use illegal drugs.
There is statistical evidence for when do most miscarriages occur in the first trimester. Medical studies support the idea that after the first trimester the risks are greatly reduced. The 5 top risk time periods for miscarriages are:
1. A Late Period. From ten to seventy-five percent of fertilized ovum may never implant in the mothers body. The statistic at the low percentage includes only diagnosed pregnancies. The high percentage is for late periods that are followed by a period with heavy flow, an early miscarriage.
2. Two Months. 2 missing periods and swollen breasts are the usual signs of pregnancy in this early stage. Getting to 8 weeks is a milestone, but the miscarriage risk is still high. At this time see your doctor, take good care of your self, drink lots of water, and eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.
3. First Trimester. Eighty percent of miscarriages happen in the first three months. It is very unusual that a pregnancy loss is anyones fault; up to this time the risks are related to the fragile condition of the mothers uterus and the egg. Successful pregnancies require almost perfect conditions.
4. Twenty Weeks. When do most miscarriages occur? Not after 20 weeks! Losing your baby after two and one half months is called either a still-birth or a neonatal death which is due to the baby being too underdeveloped to survive outside the womb. The risk of neonatal death or still-birth is about one half of one percent.
5. More than 24 Weeks. The overall miscarriage risk goes to 3% of total pregnancies after the second trimester. If you do miscarry at this time, ask your doctor about trying again after miscarriage.
If you are looking for more information on when do most miscarriages occur, you might be interested in guide on a natural approach to pregnancy. Click Here to read about miscarriage risks and miscarriages; it has helped many women conceive a child.