What Causes Cold Sores - Know The Cold Sore Triggers

What Causes Cold Sores - Know The Cold Sore Triggers

What causes cold sores, fever blisters and oral herpes?

If you will let me right now, I will reveal what causes cold sores in most sufferers.

The root of what causes cold sores in everyone is the herpes simplex virus - type 1 and 2.

Commonly the herpes virus is latent, hiding far down in the ganglia (roots) of your facial nerves. For 35% of those infected it never becomes activated. The other 65% will get at least one cold sore within the next year.

Because it resides in your nerve fibers, herpes simplex virus can quickly feel when the conditions are favorable for it to replicate.

It will then go to the surface and enter nerve cells there. Then the herpes virus will take control and force the cells to create new virus.

Once the cell is stuffed to capacity, it is killed and breaks open, spilling out hoards of new virus.

The destruction of millions of adjacent cells creates the open wound we see as a cold sore.

So, basically, the herpes simplex virus is what causes cold sores, fever blisters and oral herpes sores.

But, what conditions should we avoid to keep the virus from becoming active?

Here are the three most important triggers that activate the herpes simplex virus.

The strength of your antibodies determines the level of your immunity to all diseases. For your body to create powerfully effective antibodies, it needs certain things.

The strength of your antibodies is directly affected by the quality and quantity of nutrients in your diet - both food and supplements.

If you get many outbreaks, your immune system is not strong enough to protect you properly. Eating more vegetables really helps.

Your best bet would be organically-grown vegetables. Veggies flood your cells with the best quality, body-ready nutrients you need.

Also, you should take a high-quality vitamin supplement every day. But do not waste your dollars on those rip-off drug store one or two-a-day pills.

Do not buy vitamins except from a trustworthy vitamin store. If you do not buy a high quality supplement, you will not get results. You get what you pay for.

Look for high vitamin B and C content. These are the stress vitamins.

You hear a lot about these two amino acids and cold sores. They do play a big role in cold sores, fever blisters and oral herpes.
Arginine is an essential protein used in the creation of herpes simplex virus. If not enough is available, the cell cannot create more virus.

This means no cold sore.

Lysine is not useful to herpes simplex virus creation. In fact, lysine is to a cold sore as water is to fire.

Your cells store both lysine and arginine in the same area. Space is limited, so the more lysine, the less space for arginine.

Eating high lysine foods (such as dairy and fish) crowds out much of the arginine. Lysine capsules are handy and very effective.

Often using lysine is enough to prevent cold sores for many.

You are healthiest when your alkaline level is around 7.35 on the pH scale. The pH scale ranges from 1 (acid) to 14 (alkaline). pH of 7 is neutral.

Your will usually test between between 6.5 to 7.3 pH. Any drop below 7 puts you in the acid range. This will encourage activation of the herpes virus and the creation of another cold sore.

When your body is acid, your oxygen levels will drop also. Low oxygen also encourages virus activity.

Foods such as carbonated drinks, coffee, fat and sugar cause your body to go acid.

Cold sores are more frequent in the colder months because during cold weather your body will get more acid. Extra caution needs to be taken during the winter months.

Cold air, less exercise, lower intake of vegetables and limited outdoor activity all play a big part in causing an acid pH.

To avoid cold sores, be sure to avoid acid producing products mentioned above. Eating more green vegetables, like asparagus, will help raise your pH levels.

Good news - you can get some excellent alkalizing supplements at the vitamin store.

If you want to know what causes cold sores, there is much more you should know. But, the three things mentioned in this article will likely help answer what causes cold sores for you.

Hate Cold Sores? Check out some excellent FREE information on Cold Sores at Denny Bodohs popular web site. Discover some amazing Cold Sore cures, tips and facts you can use right now.