How to Design a Unisex Bedroom for your Kids
Kids often have difficult sharing their bedroom, because they need space to do things alone. But if you do not have the choice to provide separate rooms for your kids, design the room in such a way that they can have privacy and have their own space inside the bedroom. With enough planning and a little creativity, you will be able to create a bedroom that your kids would love to share.
• Space: Use of tall bookcases, floor screens or wardrobes placed back to back as room divider, so your kids can have their own little space inside their bedroom. You can also divide their bedroom space with the use of colorful beaded or fabric curtains.
• Beddings: Bunk beds are the ideal space server for your kids bedroom. But if you want to prevent your kids from fighting about space, opt for theme beds. There are lots of theme beds available for boys and girls like construction trucks, tree house and butterfly. Let your kids choose their own theme beds, so they can have the bed that they want.
• Wall Decorations: These can add more creativity to a unisex bedroom, because of the many wall decorations that you can choose from. Decorate your kids bedroom wall with wooden alphabet letters to spell their names. Add picture frames in different sizes and shapes. Get your kids involved in their bedroom design by letting them attach
on their bedroom wall. Buy custom stickers with your kids favorite color, shapes and images. Paint your kids walls with their favorite colors, so they wont fight over what color to apply on their bedroom wall. You can put wallpaper on their wall with interesting patterns and designs.
• Furniture: These also add interesting elements to your kids bedroom design. It would be best to look for fun and functional furniture like colorful corner tables, bean bags, and study tables. Choose colorful chandelier, floor lamps and table lamps for the bedrooms lighting.
• Window Treatments: You can use curtains, blinds, shades or shutters on your kids bedroom window. Curtains are the best option if your children want the sunlight to pass through their window. Make your kids bedroom window more creative by adding awindow cling
with an interesting design. Reusable wall cling allows you to redesign your kids window, plus this is weather-proof too.
• Storage: Closet storage, shoe boxes, toy chests and under bed rolling drawers are perfect to organize your kids stuffs. These are also helpful if your kids bedroom has a limited space.