Best House Color to Sell
Love at first sight is a concept that applies to the real estate market. So, what is the best house color to sell your home to a love struck buyer?
Best House Color to SellWhen you go to social events, do you make an effort to snazzy yourself up? Of course you do.
The simply fact is attraction is a key factor in forming relationships and the same applies to your house. When you put the house on the market, you need to make it look good for the dates with potential buyers.
The color of your house can make all the difference. First, there is no absolutely correct answer to the best color. Instead, the decision depends on the makeup of your home and the surrounding landscape. Lets take a look at some issues:
1. Whatever color you choose, make sure it doesnt clash with the other homes in the neighborhood. An otherwise appropriate color could end up making your house an eye-sore.
2. The Roof. What color is the roof on your home? If it is a red tile roof, off-whites are probably going to be the best choice. Dark green will not. Unless you are going to invest money in a new roof, make sure the paint color doesnt clash with it.
3. Highlights. If there is a particular part of your house that should be emphasized, used light colored paint around it to draw attention.
4. Hide It! Conversely, if there are parts of the house that are mundane, use darker colors to draw attention away from them.
5. On large flat surfaces, such as the side of a garage, keep in mind the color you choose will have a washed out appearance. Now we get to the fun part. After considering the above issues, make a preliminary list of colors and buy small cans of each color. In a private area of the house, start applying samples strokes a couple feet long and a foot or so wide.
Try to paint examples in both shaded areas and those exposed to the sun. Do not immediately judge the results of your experiments. Instead, wait a few hours for the paint to dry and then start comparing.
Dry paint takes on a very different appearance than wet paint. Once the paint is dry, take a long look at each sample. You will typically find the colors look much different than you thought they would.
You may find one color is perfect or you may find something a little different would be best. Either way, youll have come up with the best house color to sell your home.Raynor James is with the FSBO site -FSBOAmerica.org
- homes for sale by owner. Visit our"Sell My Home"
page to sell your house or ourhome buying
page to view and buy homes, houses, condos, land and real estate.