Wedding MC Duties: 7 Key Duties The Wedding MC Performs
The Wedding MC or Wedding Master of Ceremonies plays a very important role at the wedding reception.The Wedding MC is responsible for making sure the wedding reception runs smoothly. And with that responsibility comes a number of duties that must be carried out for the wedding reception to be a success.
Here is a short list of Wedding MC Duties for the Wedding MC who doesnt know what to do:
1. Introduces Himself or Herself as the Wedding MC For The Wedding ReceptionThe introduction can be brief but should also be used as an opportunity to create a party atmosphere before the arrival of the newlyweds.
2. Introduces The Bride and Grooms Parents, The Wedding Party, And The NewlywedsA professional Wedding MC will ensure that he or she has the correct pronunciation for everyone who is introduced. In addition, the Wedding MC should check with the bride and groom to confirm how they wish to be introduced to the wedding guests.
3. Makes Announcements Throughout The Wedding ReceptionThe Wedding MC will provide information to everyone at the wedding reception periodically throughout the reception. Announcements usually include where the restrooms are, when the meal will be served, when the cake will be cut, when the bar will close, when the bouquet and garter toss will take place, the First Dance, when the bride and groom are leaving, and when the wedding reception is finishing.Since announcements are usually dull and boring, this is the perfect opportunity for a creative Wedding MC to put some fun and humor into this part of the Wedding MC Duties.
4. Organizes The Wedding Speeches And ToastsThe Wedding MC introduces the wedding speakers and those making wedding toasts.This is another opportunity for the Wedding MC to be an entertainer with Wedding MC Jokes as wedding speakers are introduced.
5. Delivers The Wedding MC Speech If Asked To Do SoSometimes the bride and groom dont wish to have a lot of wedding speeches or toasts and ask the Wedding MC to make a wedding speech and toast instead.As well, the Wedding MC might have to stand in for a wedding speaker who is unable to attend the wedding at the last minute.In either case, the Wedding MC ensures he or she has sufficient background information about the bride and groom to make an unforgettable wedding speech.
6. Follows The Wedding Reception AgendaThe wedding reception agenda is a timeline of all the events that will take place throughout the reception.Its the Wedding MCs blueprint to making sure events begin and end on time and that nothing is overlooked.
7. Ensures The Various Details Of The Wedding Reception Are Attended ToThe Wedding MCs duties are all encompassing - from checking the venue facilities to consulting with the wedding planners to making sure the bride and groom have a memorable time.
The Wedding MCs role at the wedding reception is a vital one that carries a lot of responsibility and requires professionalism, tact, and attention to detail to make sure the reception runs smoothly.
WeddingSpeechesAndVows.com helps Wedding MCs perform their wedding emcee duties with professionalism at the wedding reception to make it a memorable event for the bride and groom.
Visit www.WeddingSpeechesAndVows.com for Wedding MC Duties Tips and the FREE Wedding MC Speech Guide.