Recovering Data after Windows Home Server Failure
Windows Home Server works as the backend of a home network, providing solutions like automated backup, remote access and file sharing. But, it is not immune to issues like user errors, hard disk defects, corrupt drivers etc. A Windows Home Server based system may fail while you have no or invalid backup. In such situations, Server Data Recovery solutions come to the rescue and recover lost information.
As practical scenarios, you might encounter the following situations:
• You start your Windows Home Server based system and it fails to boot.
• You experience failure of one or more data disks. Windows Home Server Console gives errors that disks are missing
• You experience system disk failure issues
Possible reasons of above issues are enlisted below:
• Windows Home Server installation or NTFS is corrupt
• One or more failed hardware components
• Hard disk failure
You can follow these methods to recover from above situations:
• If Windows Home Server system can boot, you need to check server event log to determine the origin and details of the issue. You can check Application and System logs for knowing the exact cause. Based on these errors, you need to follow the below steps:
ïƒ˜ If your hard disk has considerable amount of bad sectors, you need to replace it and restore data from backup
ïƒ˜ In case of NTFS errors, you need to run CHKDSK or reformat the affected partitions/volumes.
ïƒ˜ If you discover issues with hardware, you need to replace it
ïƒ˜ If the problem continues, you can reinstall the operating system
• If you cant boot the system, try attaching the disks to a Windows system using an USB to SATA/IDE adaptor cable or via internal ports. You can copy all important data to a safe location and then correct specific disk issues.
• If hard disk is still not booting, it might have gone physically bad. You need to replace the hard disk and restore lost data from backup. However, if backup is non-existent, incomplete or corrupt, you need to consult Hard Disk Recovery experts to extract all lost data. They offer Data Recovery Services to salvage data from your failed hard drive(s). The hard drives are treated with advanced data recovery procedures and tools.
Server Data Recovery solutions are available for recovering data in all cases of data loss, either logical or physical (excluding data overwriting, platter damage or magnetic data damage). It is high quality assistance provided by recovery professionals to safely recover all lost data from servers.
Stellar Information Systems Limited is an experienced organization that offers complete Server Data Recovery solutions along with RAID, NAS and SAN recovery. We provide state-of-the-art recovery with more than 16 years of experience, Class-100 Clean Rooms facility and advanced data recovery procedures. Stellar experts apply advanced and safe recovery techniques to completely recover optimum lost data.
Servesbest is the author of Server Data Recovery , is a regular author since 06 years back.