Records Marked as â€œDeletedâ€ in MS Access Database
The records saved in the MS Access database form core component of Access database files (.mdb and .accdb). You can save your records in various MS Access database components like tables, forms, views, reports etc. Various factors responsible for the damage of records can be concurrent modification by two or more users on the same record, software bugs, network hardware failure and more. In such situations, you need to recover the damaged records by using latest data backup. However, if you have not maintained any backup, you need to recover and restore the lost data by using Access Recovery tools.
Consider a scenario when you attempt to access the records saved in the "Marketing" table, you find that some of the records have been marked as "#Deleted." This indicates that the Access database has been corrupted. Few main reasons for the Access database corruption are discussed as follows:
• Two users in multi-user environment were attempting to modify the records of the same table.
• Improper shutdown of the Microsoft Jet connection due to power outage.
• ActiveX Data Objects (ADO) and Data Access Objects (DAO)
• Faulty Network Hardware
• Malicious software like virus
• Large number of open and close operations in a sequence.
To resolve the above issue and access the database records in "Marketing" table, you need to use an inbuilt repair utility known as Compact and Repair. To use the utility, you need to follow these steps:
1. Go to the Tools menu, select Database Utilities and then click Compact and Repair Database.
2. Locate and then click the database in the Database to Compact From dialog box, and then click Compact.
3. Select an appropriate folder location for the new file in the Compact Database Into dialog box, type a unique name for the file and then click on Save.
However, the above inbuilt utility can not be used to repair the database greater than
2 GB in size. In such circumstances, you need to repair and restore the Access database components by using advanced and effective Access Repair tool. Such access database repair utilities employ influential scanning methods to provide absolute and systematic database repair of all Access database components. With interactive and user-friendly interface, these utilities can be easily used to repair and restore corrupted Access databases without prior technical knowledge.
Stellar Phoenix Access Recovery is the most reliable Access Database Repair utility that offers comprehensive repair and restoration in all software related data loss scenarios. It is compatible with Microsoft Access 2007, 2003, XP (2002) and 2000. This access repair utility supports Windows Vista, XP, 2003, 2000 and NT.