How to enter into Miss India contest?
How to enter into Miss India contest? If you are looking to find answer to that questions - you are at right place. Miss India of Femina Miss India contest is the prestigious and official beauty pagent for whole India. The winners of the Miss India pagent are nominated for participation in Miss Universe, Miss World and Miss Asia Pacific contests.
To enter in Femina Miss India contest the first thing is that you should be an Indian. This is the contest only for female Indians and not for the Non Indians. Okay we dont want to breake your heart if you want to participate in this contest. But how can you participate in Miss India if are not an Indian. We have the solution for Non Resident Indians - they can migrate to India and become an indian citizen. Then you can go for it, but we want to remind you that you may still face many problems. To get selected for Miss India is not easy for NRIs - and practically, the main reasons are - Language, Colour and Looks. Once again we want to tell you that that you will struggle alot so try and participate in beauty pagent of the country you are in.
For those beauties who are in India here are some finer points:
Eligibility criteria for Pantaloons Femina Miss India
1. You are a citizen of India.
2. You are between 18-23 years of age as on 31st December 2009. (Be prepared to furnish proof of age. A valid passport, birth certificate, school leaving certificate or drivers license will do).
3. You must not be married, pregnant or a parent.
4. You or your immediate family is not related to any person employed by the Organisers or Sponsors (a detailed list is given below the form, under Terms and Conditions).
5. You are a natural-born female and not had a sex change.
6. You are not under any commercial contract with any modeling agency at the time of appearing for the auditions.
7. Once you are shortlisted, you cannot be a part of any other commercial contract or pageant.
8. You have never participated before and won a title in this pageant in any year.
9. Remember, discipline and diligence are required to follow the pageant schedule.
The process of selecting Miss India
Miss India organisers conduct year round activities leading to selection of Miss India. In addition to the pan India national contest, they will be conducting walk-ins and auditions in 13 cities to scout for the right talent.
The talent will be selected from following:
1. Walk-ins in across 13 Cities
Walk-ins in across 13 Cities (Lucknow, Agra, Indore, Chandigarh, Kolkata, Bhubaneshwar, Guwahati, Pune, Nasik, Ahmedabad, Goa, Jaipur and Shimla) will be conducted.
At the end of the walk in for each city the selected girls, who will further compete at the regional rounds will be unveiled to the media. They would sign a letter of intent confirming their participation and also be given a welcome kit with guidelines on how to prepare for the pageant.
2. Call for Entries
The call for entries takes place through advertisements in all media panning from outdoor, television, print, radio, Internet, as well as direct mailers and tie-ups with places where the youth usually gather. The potential candidates who have missed the auditons can apply though call for entries.
3. Femina Miss India South
Femina Miss India South is to promote talent participation from south India. The process of tFemina Miss India South will be similar to the national level pageant where they will hold regional round in Hyderabad; conduct a 10-day residential programme to groom the girls, which will culminate in the Grand Finale. The winner would get a direct entry into the Top 10 of the Pantaloons Femina Miss India Pageant.
4. Femina Miss India East
Femina Miss India East is similar to Femina Miss India South but was started just 2 years back. They focus on cities like Kolkata, Patna, Bhubaneshwar and Guwahati. The process of this pageant will be similar to the national level pageant where we will hold regional rounds in Kolkata; conduct a 10-day residential programme to groom the girls, which will culminate in a Grand Finale. The winner would get a direct entry into the Top 10 of the Pantaloons Femina Miss India pageant.
5. Training Programme
The training programme will be a residential programme preferably conducted wherein the contestants shall go through different kinds of sessions conducted by a panel of experts for overall beauty and personality grooming during the course of their stay. In the days leading to the final pageant, training sessions will be interspersed with a lot of outdoor activities entailing fun activities, PR activities, sub pageants, guest lectures, and more!
6. Finally the Miss India will be selected in Femina Miss India - Final Pageant. The final event is hosted amidst much fan-fare and hype. It is an event, which is niche in content, but mass in appeal.
How to apply:
The potential participants can apply online or walk in on the desired date as per the PFMI schedule for their city. Read mode about Applying to "Pantaloons Femina Miss India" at BollywoodBilli.com or check the "Schedule of Pantaloons femina Miss India" .