Cheap Ways to Lower Blood Sugar Levels Naturally
It doesnt take a rocket scientist to help you lower blood sugar levels naturally and well show you how in this complete guide to lowering glucose levels.
Im sure you are fully aware that newly diagnosed type II diabetics is on the rise in America. Considering our western lifestyle this shouldnt be to much of a surprise. Weve listed 11 cheap steps that you can take right now to help you stay away from this disease or control the amount of insulin you take. By watching our diet, reading labels, taking good notes, finding good supplements and starting a easy exercise routine we can normalize our blood sugar levels.
Type I diabetics should also adopt these steps to help them possibly trim the amount of insulin they need to take. Apply these strategies and more than your diabetes will be happy.
The glucose tolerance test, will measure your blood sugar levels and help the doctor determine if you are a diabetic or pre-diabetic.
The numbers that determine if you are a pre-diabetic will range from 100-125 mg/dL. This test will be given to you during a fasting period and it measures your fasting glucose range. If your fasting glucose levels are above 125 you are considered diabetic. The glucose tolerance test is measuring the rise in your blood glucose levels after you take glucose. During this test if your blood sugar levels rise into the 140-199 range you are considered a pre-diabetic and as you guess it anything above 199 is diabetes.
How to Lower Blood Sugar Levels Naturally
The following are simple steps to take if you are inclined to change your daily habits. I trust your doctor has discussed these natural steps with you.
1. Your diet is the most important ingredient to lowering your blood sugars levels naturally. Foods that pass through your system quickly should be avoided and foods that take longer to digest are most beneficial to keeping your blood sugars in check. This all relates to the low-glycemic food group like: granola, oatmeal, beans, peas, and peanuts to name just a few. White bread and white rice should be limited but there is an option you will read about below.
As you should already know, each case is individual and specific to YOU. Some diabetics have to watch the fruits they eat because it will increase their blood glucose levels and others can get away with it. Some other options that should be considered are bananas (potassium) and high plant fibrous foods. And all of know that carbohydrates can adversely effect blood sugar levels, correct?
2. I bet this will come as a big shock to you: EXERCISE What you might not realize is the fact that our bodies work extremely well when you have a good oxygen exchange going on in your lungs. This happens when you are using your muscles a little more than normal.
Think about walking behind a lawn mower instead of sitting on one. If you have a large yard, divide it up into manageable sections like I do. The only problem is that Id like to mow 4 days a week instead of 1 or 2. In the fall raking leaves or shoveling snow is a lot of fun, but be very careful not to overdue it. You dont want to shock the system. Vacuuming the house is beneficial and whenever you feel light headed sit down right away.
Walking, daily gardening and anything that is automated now can be switched to manual labor. Another fun thing that is going on is WII machines. Many different adult living centers now begun to use WII machines to help the elderly exercise in the comforts of the home or living center. Isnt that cool?
Did you know: pre-diabetics (risk group) if you do moderate daily exercises of 30 minutes and a weight reduction of 5 to 10 percent you can reduce your chances of getting diabetes by 58 percent?
3. If you really want to stay on top of this disease consider keeping good records and it will help you narrow down your daily activities and what foods helped you stabilize your blood sugar levels. Type I diabetics should also include the amount of insulin they take because you will find patterns that might help you lower your insulin intake.
Record keeping will help you calm down when you see a high blood sugar reading, Most diabetics from time to time will see a high reading and this is not a cause for alarm, with experience you will learn how to quickly change that reading, so please takes notes until you have your blood glucose levels in check.
4. Drinking water and all I need to say is this: it will help flush out toxins quickly and its vital to all living cells of your body.
5. eliminate western habits of eating out at fast food joints unless youll be eating off their small "healthy menu". Its hard for me to say it but you must eliminate soft drinks and process sugars like candy bars.
6. become a label reader. Youll be shocked at what you find when you start reading labels. Take chocolate for instance, do you know how much caffeine is in chocolate?
7. learn how to say: "decaf please". Teas and coffees are staples of many societies and
8. nutritional supplements have shown they can help you lower your blood sugar levels. A lot of people have reduced their insulin levels and others have been able to take themselves off the "endangered list" or pre-diabetic list by using supplements.
9. herbs are another great resource for helping you lowering your glucose levels. Some of the more popular ones are: cinnamon, coffee berry, garlic and ginko biloba to name just a few.
10. make sure and add a column on your record keeping sheets to chart your sleep times, resting times and stress times. Blood glucose levels can be greatly influenced by stress and to combat stress, quality rest should be made available.
11. Yippee for vinegar. We all know that white rice and bread can really jump up our blood sugar levels but did you know vinegar will help you keep that in check? Arizona researchers found that two tablespoons of vinegar before a starchy meal can reduce the blood glucose levels in your blood. There is even more proof out of Sweden and Japan concerning vinegar that is a very positive finding for diabetics around the world.
There you go, 11 simple steps that can help you keep your blood sugar levels down. Many of our problems in America can be traced to our eating habits and exercise. Many people take it for granted until it happens to them. Now you are equipped with 11 wonderful strategies to help you fight diabetes and lower your blood sugar levels naturally.
Discover the one diabetic product that had us picking our jaw off the floor. Lower Blood Sugar Levels Want more healthy ideas on how to deal with Diabetes? Healthy Diabetic Solutions