IDE Hard Drive Error: No Fixed Disk Present
A system might fail to detect an IDE hard drive if it is failed. Also, for an IDE hard drive to work properly, you should set the jumpers properly or else the drive will not work. An IDE hard drive is denoted as failed if either of its internal components, like read/write head, actuator, PCB etc.. stops working. Thus, to recover from such situations, you should call a professional Hard Drive Recovery service that helps extracting the lost data by repairing or replacing these damaged internals in safe surroundings.
You might come across the below error message while starting a system installed with an IDE hard drive:
"No fixed disk present"
The above error might root from any of the below reasons:
- You have recently installed a new IDE hard drive and the jumpers have not been properly set. In such conditions, the system will fail to properly boot.
- Your hard drive is not properly connected to the system. This might occur if you have recently moved your hard drive and have not connected the cables properly.
- Hard drive has not been defined in CMOS. This is sometimes a specific requirement in some of systems if doesnt have auto detect option.
- Hardware like hard drive, IDE cable or motherboard is physically damaged and hence system cannot boot.
Consider following these measures:
- Make sure that all the jumper on IDE hard drive and other devices are in correct configuration of master and slave.
- Check for the all cables that connect the hard drive to the system and motherboard
- Ensure proper CMOS settings
- Replace the damaged hard drive, IDE cable or motherboard. In case of hard drive, you will need to restore the lost data from backup that must be completely updated and clean to provide required results. Call Hard Drive Data Recovery service if you find concerns while restoring from backup.
Hard Drive Recovery is the professional assistance provided to recover data from physically crashed media like hard drive. The service includes fixing damaged internals, imaging the hard drive and applying several disk level techniques.
Stellar Information Systems Limited is the providers of comprehensive Hard Drive Data Recovery service for IDE, SATA, EIDE, SCSI and PATA hard drives. The company has Class 100 Clean Rooms to offer safe data recovery. Stellar has rich experience and proven record in providing leading disk recovery service.
Author is researching on the hard drive related problems and data loss conditions.Author has given solution of hard drive recovery and suggested to use hard drive recovery software.